Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Painted Hoe Patai.

 This week we have been working on painted hoe 

take a look at my mahi and please Leave a comment Thank you.


  1. What are “hoe waka”? Hoe is like the pedal for the waka and the waka is the boat.




What were waka taua used for? They were used to carry war,parties and to transport large groups




What are 4 reasons hoe waka were important to Māori life? 

To paddle waka,collecting and transporting food such as kumara and fish.






Where did the designs on hoe waka come from? What is the name for the designs on them? Kaitiaki



Who exchanged things on october 1769? the 2 groups 9, the first peaceful meeting between Maori and Europeans




Where are those hoe waka now? Some are all around Aotearoa and some are in museums and other places in Aotearoa.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU Jazaky for explaining what a hoe waka is.
    I have read several blogs and was unsure as to what it was or what it was even used for.
    When the people go fishing what do they use to catch the fish?.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.