Pages

Wednesday 7 July 2021

Galileo Galilei

 Who is Galileo & why is he important? Galileo was a natural philosopher,astronomer and mathematician.

When was Galileo alive? He was alive from the years 1564 to 1642

What country did he live in? He lived in Pisa, Italy.

What was Galileo famous for? He was most famous for his discovery of the four moons of Jupiter.

What are the 5 main discoveries that Galileo made? He discovered the phases of Venus & Jupiter’s moons. The stars of the milky way. The first pendulum clock and the sun.


Was Galileo ever punished for his ideas? Yes, in 1633 the Roman Catholic Church forced one of the founders of modern science, to recant his theory that the Earth moves around the Sun.


Some interesting facts about Galileo.

  1. He was a college dropout

  2. His daughters were nuns

  3. He spent his final year under house arrest

  4. NASA named a spacecraft for him



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jazaky. You have researched Galileo well and presented your findings about him clearly so that it is easy to read. If you get a chance I would recommend visiting the museum these holidays to see and explore his inventions, it's a cool exhibition. Keep up the good mahi. Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.